About UsLeading petroleum & gas company
Value Creation through Strategic Partnerships
The Petroleum Oil and Gas Corporation of South Africa (SOC) Limited (PetroSA) is the country’s National Oil Company. PetroSA is a subsidiary of the CEF, which is wholly owned by the State and reports to the Department of Minerals and Energy
Our mandate is to ensure the security of energy suppy for South Africa
PetroSA is mandated to operate as a commercial entity that creates value for its shareholders and stakeholders. The mandate includes ensuring the security of energy supply and advancing the broader national objective of the South African petroleum industry for the benefit of the country.
The core strategic functions of PetroSA are to make it possible for the Government of the Republic of South Africa to:
- Improve the supply of fuel, oil and gas to the country
- Mitigate the impact of oil price variations and foreign currency fluctuations
- Drive transformation initiatives in the South African oil, gas, fuels and petrochemicals value chain
- Manage the contingency crude oil reserves and the strategic petroleum assets of the Government of the Republic of South Africa
- Access upstream petroleum assets for the benefit of the citizens of Republic of South Africa
- Competitively operate PetroSA in a sustainable commercial manner.
To be the leading provider of sustainable, affordable and quality hydrocarbon-based energy for the benefit of all South Africans whilst ensuring a balanced transition towards cleaner energy.
To unlock and realise commercial value from the national hydrocarbon endowment; and To enable and supply competitive, efficient South African energy markets and transition to low carbon energy whilst ensuring energy security of supply; and that, We do this responsibly having a high focus on our people, our environment, and the economy of South Africa.
- Batho Pele