To be the leading African energy company.
PetroSA will be the leading provider of hydrocarbons and related quality products by leveraging its proven technologies and harnessing its human capital for the benefit of its stakeholders.
The core strategic functions of PetroSA are to make it possible for the Government of the Republic of South Africa to:
- Improve the supply of fuel, oil and gas to the country
- Mitigate the impact of oil price variations and foreign currency fluctuations
- Drive transformation initiatives in the South African oil, gas, fuels and petrochemicals value chain
- Champion, support and entrench the growth of Black Economic Empowerment (BEE) in the sector
- Manage the contingency crude oil reserves and the strategic petroleum assets of the Government of the Republic of South Africa
- Access upstream petroleum assets for the benefit of the citizens of Republic of South Africa
- Competitively operate PetroSA in a sustainable commercial manner.
CORE BUSINESS ACTIVITIES
Our company has a reputation for producing high-quality and environmentally-friendly products. PetroSA is also a pioneer of gas-to-liquids (GTL) technology, which is recognised for producing clean fuels. Our core business activities are:
- The exploration and production of oil and natural gas
- The participation in, and acquisition of, local as well as international upstream petroleum ventures
- The production of synthetic fuels from offshore gas at one of the world’s largest Gas-to-Liquid (GTL) refineries in Mossel Bay, South Africa
- The development of domestic refining and liquid fuels logistical infrastructure
- The marketing and trading of oil and petrochemicals.
Some of the commodities produced by PetroSA include unleaded petrol, kerosene (paraffin), diesel, propane, liquid oxygen and nitrogen, distillates, eco-fuels and alcohols. Its world-class synthetic fuels and petrochemicals are marketed internationally.